Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 2 of My Study of Human Behavior

Dear Diary, So, I don't think anyone really noticed or cared that I am now carrying a backpack instead of my laptop bag, but of course, I really paid attention to everyone else's backpack, and spent a great deal of thought comparing mine to every one I saw and I really saw some cute ones (I was especially drawn to the Roxy brand). But then, isn't that human nature? We are never satisfied with what we have and somone always has something better. I also noticed today that everyone seemed to be in a huge hurry, which makes sense because it is getting colder and if you want to warm up with a latte from Starbucks, located in the student center, you better hustle or you'll be late to your next class. However, the hustle and bustle did get me thinking about the big hurry I am in to get through with school as quickly as possible because #1, it is expensive and #2, it is extremely time consuming. After I visited with my advisor yesterday, I did realize that it is probably going to take me three years, not two as previously planned. I decided that maybe that wasn't so bad because I should really enjoy my experience and instead of rushing through classes, I should take the ones that appeal to me and actually learn something. So here is my advice to all you non-middle aged students. Don't rush through school, so you can hurry up and go to work everyday from 8:00-5:00 at a job you may hate. Take time to explore all your options and choose something you will really enjoy doing and then to quote a well-worn phrase, "you'll never work a day in your life." Well, I better hurry up and do my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment