Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Harvest Holiday

Dear Diary, I haven't written for a few days because we had a break from school. The ironic thing is that we held school on Columbus Day... you know, in 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue. State agencies and the banks were closed, but we continued to learn. However, our learning came to an abrupt halt so that individuals could participate in the deer hunt aka Harvest Holiday. Now, I am not a hunter. The thoughts of tramping around the mountains in freezing cold weather, wearing camouflage and bright orange, hoping not to get shot by another hunter, but to shoot Bambi instead, does not personally appeal to me. I do not dislike individuals who are hunters, though. I guess shooting Bambi is no different than killing Bessie the cow or Mary's lamb. We all have to eat. And I am grateful for a holiday from school no matter what the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment