Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Self Analysis

Dear Diary, I discovered two disturbing things about myself today. I realized one all by myself, and the other I learned through requested feedback. First of all, I was very nervous because I had two tests today. Last night when I was studying, I became so frustrated with trying to remember facts, that I began to cry. After some tearful moments and mumblings about dropping out of school, I fell asleep. This morning, I woke up a bit more confident, went to school and took my tests: however, I discovered that my nerves were not under control. I was much more verbal in my classes. The more nervous I got, the more I talked. I talked to fellow students before class, I made comments during class, and I talked to students after class. My chatting was incessant. I raised my hand to answer every question the professors asked, and I was anxious to know about the lives of all my classmates and to tell them all about my troubles. If I had been in second grade, I would have most likely been sent to the principal's office for time out. Now that I have discovered this about myself, I will put some duct tape in my backpack for use on test days to keep myself quiet. Secondly, I learned my health age is 61. My Wellness Dynamics Class inspired me to seek feedback at a local gym concerning a workout program. After I was through with the assessment (I was still chatting incessantly, because my nervous system was still in overdrive), I learned that for as little as $50.00 per session, I could benefit from personal training. The assessment was done on a computer program, which draws a little picture for you of how your body looks based on your current weight. Well, I looked nine months pregnant. It was disgusting. The trainer was worried because when asked to rank my motivation on a scale from 1-10, I said that I was only motivated at an 8. You see, not only do I chat incessantly when I'm nervous, I also can eat as much as a pro linebacker for the NFL. Anyway, I really do want to stop being obnoxious and to look better, I just don't know if duct tape and $50.00 per session will be enough to get the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment