Friday, October 9, 2009

Shout Out

Dear Diary, Today I have finished week number seven of my first semester of being a full time student. I have been thinking that I have been pretty much consumed with myself these past few weeks, i.e. my appearance, wanting to fit it, feeling sorry for myself blah, blah, blah. As I walked around campus today and attended my classes, I really didn't notice anyone's hair, shoes, or backpacks, but tried to pay attention to what my fellow students were doing and feeling. I felt some deserved a shout out so here goes:
To all you moms attending school....You deserve a medal of honor. You nurture your children and do your homework. You juggle textbooks, bottles, and diapers. Kudos!
To the Veterans back from active duty and pursuing a degree....I can't thank you enough for keeping me safe. You were putting your life on the line while I was worrying about what to make for dinner.
To the Students who overcome physical and pyschological handicaps....You are inspiring! You make the best of your circumstances and are pursuing your dreams. My character is superficial when compared to yours.
To my Professors....Thanks for becoming teachers and for your wisdom and encouragement. (a little less homework would be appreciated).
Last but not least....
To my Comm 1010 and my Engl 2010 classmates....Your acceptance and friendship mean so much! Thanks for laughing at my jokes, saying hi to me on campus and sharing your thoughts and insights.
Until next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment